China’s Railway Sees Heavy Pressure Due To Snow Disaster During Spring Festival Travel Peak
BEIJING, CHINA – JANUARY 30: Passengers line up to buy train tickets at the Beijing Railway Station during the ‘Chunyun’ or Spring Festival travel season, on January 30, 2008 in Beijing, China.
China’s railways are expected to transport over 178 million people during the the ‘Chunyun’, known as the largest human migration in the country annually, which runs from January 18 to March 2 this year.
1. 主要子句：China’s railways are expected to transport over 178 million people during the the ‘Chunyun’,
2. 分词词组：known as the largest human migration in the country annually,
3. 形容词子句：which runs from January 18 to March 2 this year.
Affected by the snow havoc that hit over 14 provinces this year, the railway transportation faces heavy pressure, with tens of thousands of passengers.
Snow havoc就是snow chaos, snow woe, 也就是snow disaster之意。Havoc本身就是混乱chaos的意思。本句的结构是：分词词组+主要子句+介系词词组。分词词组中又含有一个that 所引导的形容词子句，that是关系代名词，就是代表snow havoc。
分词词组摆在句子的最前面，其主词就是主要子句的主词，在这里就是the railway transportation，如果我们将此句分解成三个句子，则是：
1. The railway transportation is affected by the snow havoc.
2. The snow havoc hit over 14 provinces this year.
3. The railway transportation faces heavy pressure, with tens of thousands of passengers.
Snow Havoc Stranded Passengers In Guangzhou Railway Station
Railway station workers keep order among the passengers stranded in the Guangzhou Railway Station on January 29, 2008 in Guangzhou of Guangdong Province, China.
The worst prolonged snow, rain and cold weather period in five decades has hit about 14 provincial level regions in China, killing at least 24, affecting nearly 78 million people with the direct economic losses of over 22 billion yuan so far.
The snow has paralyzed air, rail and highway traffic, stranding tens of thousands of passengers on their way home for the Spring Festival. Among them, over 150,000 people were stranded in the Guangzhou Railway Station.