大紀元

艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

職場英語:她整個人熱力四射

2009-01-27 14:26 中港台時間|01-27 17:55 更新
人氣 1

Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?
艾文: 她整個人熱力四射,對吧?

Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.
瑪莉: 沒有事情能擋得住她。我跟她學了好多。

Elvin: What's it like to work with her?
艾文: 跟她共事是啥感覺?

Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
瑪莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜歡那樣。我是說,我知道我們的時間很緊。

Elvin: Tell me about it.
艾文: 這還用說。

Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
瑪莉: 我知道你們都在二十四小時趕工。那個坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人從沒離開過。

Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
艾文: 文斯要我們把程式錯誤全部修正,準備在月底前上線。


語言詳解

A: Your mother is so demanding!
你媽媽的要求真高!

B: That's what my dad always says.
我爸爸也總是這麼說。

【around the clock 日以繼夜】

由clock 組成的成語除了around the clock 之外,另有一個against the clock“趕時間”。

A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
佛蘭克,為什麼你們工廠這個月要日以繼夜地趕貨?

B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
我們最近收到相當多訂單,都要這一季出貨。
 
A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
換句話說,你們現在全都在趕時間。

B: You're right.
你說對了。
 
1) mega-intense intense是指“緊張的、一觸即發的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相當多”的意思,亦指 “百萬的”,如 megabyte“百萬位元組”。
2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
3) debug (v.) (電腦)除蟲,指修正電腦程式中的錯誤。

標籤
相關專題:
如果您有新聞線索或資料給大紀元,請進入安全投稿爆料平台

留言

  • 大紀元保留刪除惡意留言的權利,包括低俗、誤導或攻擊信仰等內容
本網站圖文內容歸大紀元所有, 任何單位及個人未經許可,不得擅自轉載使用。
Copyright© 2000 - 2026 The Epoch TimesAssociation Inc.All Rights Reserved.