大紀元

艾文與瑪莉在意式濃縮咖啡前出現

職場英語:我不敢居功

2009-01-23 14:23 中港台時間|01-23 01:30 更新
人氣 16

Mary: Are you Elvin?
瑪莉: 你是艾文嗎?

Elvin: Elvin Dixon. Who are you?
艾文: 艾文迪克森。你是誰?

Mary: I'm Mary. I want to say I really 1) admire the software you're designed.
瑪莉: 我是瑪莉。我真的很欣賞你設計的軟體。

Elvin: Easy stuff. But thanks. And the 1)admiration is 2) mutual.
艾文: 簡單的玩意。不過還是謝了。這份欣賞是彼此彼此。

Mary: It is?
瑪莉: 真的?

Elvin: You're selling InfoKing 3) subscriptions like nobody's business. And we don't even have a working 4) demo yet.
艾文: 你把“資訊王”的訂閱賣得如入無人之境。 而我們甚至連能用的樣品都還沒著落呢。

Mary: I can't take the credit for that. I'm just Zina's assistant. She's the 5) pro.
瑪莉: 我不敢居功。我只是吉娜的助手。她才是高手。


語言詳解

A: Here's a demo of our product.
這是我們產品的樣品。

B: Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back in touch with you.
謝謝。我看過之後再聯絡你。

【like nobody's business 如入無人之境】

like nobody's business可以用來表達“無人能出其右”,形容此人相當有一手:

A: They play the blues like nobody's business.
他們演奏藍調的技巧無人能敵。

B: I have to go and see them.
我一定要去看看他們。
 
【take the credit居功】
 
credit是“功勞,讚揚”的意思,take the credit就是指“因為功勞而接受讚揚”,可以用在正面的“居功”。
 
A: Josh, you are amazing!
喬許,你真是令人不可思議!

B: I can't take the credit for this job. We all worked hard on it.
這工作我不能居功。大家都很努力。
 
1) admire (v.) 仰慕,欽羨;名詞是admiration
2) mutual (a.) 互相的
3) subscription (n.) 訂閱
4) demo (n.) (商品的)樣品,demonstration的略縮。
5) pro (n.) 專家,系professional 的略縮

標籤
相關專題:
如果您有新聞線索或資料給大紀元,請進入安全投稿爆料平台

留言

  • 大紀元保留刪除惡意留言的權利,包括低俗、誤導或攻擊信仰等內容
本網站圖文內容歸大紀元所有, 任何單位及個人未經許可,不得擅自轉載使用。
Copyright© 2000 - 2026 The Epoch TimesAssociation Inc.All Rights Reserved.